h1

Some summer sewing reviewed

October 16, 2010

I bought some new patterns back in June and I did actually get a chance to sew some of them but not to blog them. I made the  McCalls 5882 dress in July.

 I made it in a blue synthetic fabric that I bought on sale. I did a modified FBA so it would fit better in the bodice area but I’m still not entirely happy with the way it turned out. I feel like the bodice is too tight and still too short. I think it could have benefited from some more tailoring around the bust and, perhaps a wider band.

I also think that if I try it again, I will scoop the neckline a bit more. I feel a little odd about a dress that rubs against my throat and stops above my knees.Of course that could just be because I’m used to the opposite situation.

The pattern itself was fairly easy to work with and I think it’s a pretty look. I’m just not so sure if it’s me.

I do think though that I have enough fabric left to make a blouse for work.

Advertisements

One comment

  1. […] and replacing it with McCalls 5882  . I plan to make to make it as a shirt this time. I made a dress from it over the summer and wasn’t entirely happy with the fit so working with it to make it […]



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: